Tuesday 18 August 2009

Welcome fellow hammers!!!

Hello, welcome to 'Irons Blog'.

After going to Upton Park for 10 years and giving my 'expert' opinion to whomever would listen, I thought it was about time to share my views with the wider WHUFC community. I've witnessed just about every football eventuality throughout the years* - from losing after being 3-0 up to winning in similar fashion.

But once again a new season is upon us and I am filled with optimism! Could this be the year our 29 year wait for a trophy is finally lifted? Could this be the year we do the double over Sp*rs?? Could this be the year Ashton stops stuffing his face with Domino's pizza and starts playing football again??

I might be asking for too much on the last point, but I can dream!

In all seriousness, though, it has been a long time since I felt so positive towards the potential of the new season and the team. I am in total support of the managerial setup. I have an immense amount of belief in what Zola/Duxbury/Nani are trying to achieve at the club and long may it continue.

I really believe this could be a successful season for the club. But in the short term 3 pts against Sp*rs and Sunday will do me.

COYI!!!

*(except win a trophy, 2006 cup final still hurts)

No comments:

Post a Comment